Make this attractive, wholesome Vegan Rainbow Veggie Pizza with Cornbread Crust with a rainbow of colourful veggies, a crispy complete grain crust, plant-based cheese, and contemporary herbs.
- 3/4 cup water, luke heat
- ½ cup plant-based milk, plain, unsweetened, luke heat
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 (.25 ounce every) packages lively dry yeast (whole of 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cornmeal + extra for lining pizza pan
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 – 2 ½ cups whole wheat flour + extra for kneading
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 ½ cups shredded plant-based Mozzarella “cheese” (i.e., Daiya)
- 1 small pink onion, chopped
- 2 small (8-ounces every) zucchinis, chopped
- 2 small (8 ounces every) yellow summer season squash, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, orange, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup pine nuts
- Freshly floor black pepper (as desired)
- ¼ cup chopped contemporary herbs (i.e., basil, oregano, tarragon, parsley, rosemary, thyme)
- Put together cornmeal crust by mixing luke heat water and plant-based milk with brown sugar in a big mixing bowl. Sprinkle with yeast and permit to face for five minutes, till bubbly. Add olive oil, cornmeal, salt, and sufficient wheat flour to make a smooth dough (begin with 2 cups, and add extra as wanted) that’s not sticky. Place dough on a floured floor and knead for five minutes, till it’s clean (not sticky, but not dry). Place it in an oiled mixing bowl in a heat (however not sizzling) place and permit to rise for about 1 hour.
- In the meantime, put together toppings for pizza.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Take away dough from bowl and divide into two balls. Roll out every ball on a floured floor to about 15-inches in diameter.
- Sprinkle a spoonful of cornmeal on every of two 16-inch pizza pans, pizza stones, (or might use baking sheets) and distribute it over the floor of the pan.
- Place one pizza dough on every pan.
- Unfold every pizza uniformly with ½ cup marinara sauce.
- Sprinkle every pizza with ¾ cup shredded plant-based cheese
- Mound the chopped pink onions within the heart of every pizza.
- On every pizza, encircle the pink onions with a round row of chopped zucchini, then chopped yellow squash, then chopped orange bell pepper, dividing them equally amongst each pizzas.
- Sprinkle every pizza with minced garlic, pine nuts, and black pepper, dividing them equally among the many pizzas.
- Sprinkle every pizza with freshly floor black pepper as desired.
- Place within the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, till crust is cooked by way of and greens are crisp-tender.
- Take away from oven and sprinkle with contemporary herbs, dividing them equally among the many pizzas.
- Makes 2 items, 8 slices per pizza.
To make this recipe gluten-free substitute wheat flour with a gluten free flour of your selection.
- Class: Entree
- Delicacies: American
- Serving Dimension: 2 slices
- Energy: 488
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 156 mg
- Fats: 18 g
- Saturated Fats: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 65 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 18 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 12 mg
Key phrases: vegan pizza, home made vegan pizza, veggie pizza