Fondue is historically made with cheese, however this wholesome, vegan “tacky” fondue is ideal for dipping with greens, tofu, and bread cubes.
- 1 pound small, contemporary yellow potatoes (i.e., Yukon gold, fingerling), peeled*, quartered
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup dry white wine (i.e., Chardonnay)
- ½ cup reserved potato water
- ½ cup unsweetened, plain plant-based milk (i.e. soy or almond milk)
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- Pinch nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Salt to style
Serve this fondue together with your favourite plant-powered dipping gadgets, resembling:
- Cubed tofu
- Seitan strips
- Veggie Sausage chunks
- Dice seitan
- Bell pepper chunks or strips
- Broccoli florets
- Cauliflower florets
- Cucumber slices
- Asparagus spears
- Snow peas
- Bread cubes
- Pita triangles
- Place potatoes and carrots in a medium pot, cowl with water, cowl with a lid and prepare dinner for about 10 minutes, till tender. Drain, reserving ½ cup water, and place cooked greens in a blender container.
- Whereas potatoes are cooking, warmth olive oil in a big skillet and add onions and garlic. Sauté till tender, about 8 minutes. Add onions and garlic to the blender container.
- In skillet (don’t clear), add cornstarch and white wine and stir with a whisk over medium warmth. Stir in reserved potato water and plant-based milk till easy. Add pepper, turmeric, nutmeg, dietary yeast and mustard and warmth till thickened and bubbly.
- Pour white wine combination into the blender container with the potatoes and onions and course of till easy. Modify seasonings with salt as desired.
- Switch fondue combination to a fondue pot and warmth till bubbly.
- Serve with dipping concepts, resembling cubed items of bread, contemporary greens, and tofu.
You may peel these potatoes simply if you happen to prepare dinner them first, after which slip off the peels when they’re executed.
- Prep Time: quarter-hour
- Prepare dinner Time: 18 minutes
- Class: Appetizer
- Delicacies: American
- Serving Measurement: 1 serving
- Energy: 134
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 45 mg
- Fats: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 4 g
Key phrases: vegan fondue, fondue, vegan appetizer