You’re in for a deal with! Jess got here up with a ridiculously good contemporary salmon burger recipe for you that I can’t wait to share! I’m an enormous burger fan however I like to change it up! Beef burgers, hen burgers and now salmon burgers. We obtained you coated. Higher but, we’ve TWO completely different taste variations for you: Dill Salmon Burgers (with lemon) and Cilantro Salmon Burgers (with lime). There’s one thing for everyone. So let’s bounce into the very best salmon burger recipe…
Right here’s What You Want
- Salmon – I like utilizing contemporary salmon however you may also use canned. See my word under!
- Dijon mustard – the right taste pairing for the salmon burger base.
- Seasonings and spices – relying on the flavour of salmon burger you need to make, you’ll add in further seasonings and spices.
- Tangy cumin yogurt sauce – this selfmade sauce pairs completely with the burgers!
Can you utilize Canned Salmon?
Since I knew you’d ask this query, we did the testing for you and YES you should utilize canned salmon on this salmon burger recipe. You need to use the identical quantity of canned for contemporary (1 1/4 lbs), nevertheless you have to to regulate the recipe barely – begin with much less dijon and lemon juice and verify consistency. Add extra as wanted.
Tangy Yogurt Sauce
We determined to pair this salmon burger recipe with a yogurt sauce as a result of I’m all the time within the pro-sauce camp. It takes two seconds to combine the entire elements collectively in a bowl and pairs tremendous effectively with the salmon! It’s tangy, citrusy, savory and creamy… so good. Clearly it’s nice with these salmon burgers however can also be scrumptious with french fries, roasted veggies, roasted fish or you may add extra oil to the combination to skinny it out to make use of as salad dressing. Undoubtedly price making!
Learn how to Make Salmon Burgers
We’re providing you with two variations of this salmon burger recipe: Lemon Dill Salmon Burgers or Cilantro Lime Salmon Burgers. You’ll be able to’t go unsuitable with both so decide one this week and make the opposite subsequent week!
STEP 1: Step one is to make a paste by mixing 1/4 of the contemporary salmon with 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard in a meals processor. The top consequence might be a gummy texture that acts because the glue that holds the burgers collectively.
STEP 2: Add the remainder of the salmon to the food processor together with the remainder of the elements (relying on which taste you’re making!). Pulse round 10 instances or till the herbs are evenly distributed all through and you’re left with a chunky combination.
STEP 3: Type into 4 patties and place within the fridge to set for 20-Half-hour.
STEP 4: If you’re able to prepare dinner, warmth a big skillet over medium warmth. Add the patties and prepare dinner till golden, about 3 minutes per facet.
Serve with buns or as lettuce wraps and add any toppings you want! Professional tip: the cilantro lime salmon burger is scrumptious with pickled onion and tangy cumin yogurt sauce.
What Do You Eat With Salmon Burgers?
I do know some may assume salmon patties may be bizarre however belief me on this! They’re in no way. Jess and I paired this salmon burger recipe with a tangy yogurt sauce, greens and a bun they usually have been scrumptious! They might even be nice with a slaw or simply on their very own with roasted veggies. Listed here are some recipe facet concepts for these contemporary salmon burgers:
Contemporary Salmon Burgers with Tangy Yogurt Sauce
Change up your burger sport with two scrumptious recipes for contemporary salmon burgers. Dill salmon burgers and cilantro salmon burgers the entire household will love.
- Prep Time: Half-hour
- Prepare dinner Time: 10 minutes
- Complete Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Class: Dinner
- Technique: Prepare dinner
- Weight loss program: Gluten Free
- 1 1/4 lbs of salmon, skinned and deboned
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
Lemon and Dill Burgers:
- 1/4 cup contemporary dill, chopped
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2–3/4 tsp salt
Cilantro Lime Burgers:
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup contemporary cilantro, chopped
- Zest of 2 limes
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/2–3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
Tangy Cumin Yogurt Sauce:
- 5–6 ounces of entire plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the Salmon Burgers:
- In a meals processor mix ¼ of the salmon with 1 teaspoon dijon mustard till a paste types – it is going to have a bizarre gummy texture however you need this as it will likely be the glue that holds the burgers collectively.
- Add the remainder of the salmon to the meals processor in chunks together with the remainder of the elements relying on what model you’re making.
- Pulse till you could have a chunky combination with the herbs and lemon/lime evenly distributed all through, about 10 pulses.
- Type into 4 patties and place within the fridge to set for 20-Half-hour.
- Warmth a big skillet over medium warmth and prepare dinner your salmon patties in a few teaspoons of oil for 3 minutes per facet.
- Serve with buns or lettuce wraps and any toppings you need.
For the Tangy Yogurt Sauce:
- Combine all of the elements collectively in a bowl.
- Get pleasure from on veggie bowls, burgers, as a dipping sauce for fries and roasted veggies, over roasted fish or thinned out with further oil for a creamy, tangy salad dressing.
Like this recipe? Listed here are extra salmon recipes you may take pleasure in:
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Be a part of 20,000+ members of the THM Neighborhood to get entry to unique recipes, wholesome life-style ideas and behind-the-scenes information from our group!