This scrumptious, 100% plant-based Simple Scalloped Potato White Bean Skillet recipe highlights the comforting versatility and satisfaction of complete potatoes, cooked with onions, garlic, mushrooms, and white beans, with a non-dairy creamy sauce, and crunchy cashew and parsley topping.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 ½ cups plant-based half and half, plain, unsweetened (or plant-based milk, plain, unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 small (about 4.5 ounces every) potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans, rinsed, drained
- ¼ cup floor cashews
- ¼ cup recent parsley, chopped
- Warmth olive oil in a big cast iron skillet over medium warmth. Add onions and garlic and sauté for 7 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for an extra 2 minutes.
- Whereas greens are sautéing, combine collectively the sauce in a small bowl: whisk collectively plant-based half and half (or plant-based milk), cornstarch, dietary yeast, nutmeg, paprika, floor mustard, salt, and black pepper with a whisk till clean.
- Pour the sauce into the skillet and stir till it thickens (about 2 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Combine the potatoes into the skillet with a spoon.
- Gently combine within the white beans with a spoon, till components are properly distributed.
- Take away from range, cowl with foil, and place on high rack of the oven. Bake for half-hour.
- Take away foil, sprinkle with floor cashews, and return to oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes, till potatoes are tender, and floor is golden brown.
- Take away from oven. Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve in skillet.
- Makes 4 entrée-sized servings.
Produced with AICR in partnership with Idaho Potatoes
- Class: Entree
- Delicacies: American
- Serving Measurement: 1 serving
- Energy: 415
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 471 mg
- Fats: 10 g
- Saturated Fats: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 65 g
- Fiber: 11 g
- Protein: 20 g
Key phrases: scalloped potatoes, vegan potato recipe, vegan scalloped potatoes