Quinoa Taco Casserole recipe for a straightforward and veggie-packed twist on a Mexican favorite. Dinner simply received a lot simpler!
I grew up on casseroles however I’ve to be sincere… I haven’t made many up to now few years! I don’t know if it was the gentle California climate that by no means had me craving consolation meals or what however I’m again in enterprise and allllll concerning the casserole… or ought to we are saying sizzling dish?!
Casseroles are tremendous handy, you’ll be able to pack them filled with protein, greens and wholesome carbs and so they’re a good way to make use of up every part in your kitchen. You may mainly mix every part however the kitchen sink right into a casserole and it’ll style good. Not that I like to recommend that however you get the gist.
This quinoa and kale taco casserole is filled with nutritious components and daring flavors. It’s so easy to make with barely any pre-prep and loaded with veggies. That is the proper recipe to make prematurely for a busy week forward or to carry to a brand new mama or a household in want!
Right here’s What You Want
- Quinoa – I exploit white quinoa. You should utilize tricolor however it tends to require an extended cooking time.
- Floor beef – You might additionally substitute with floor rooster or turkey
- Greens – purple bell pepper, inexperienced onions, corn and kale.
- Diced tomatoes
- Canned black beans
- Rooster or beef inventory
- Grated cheese – I want cheddar or pepperjack
- Olive oil
- Seasonings and spices – chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, oregano, chili flakes, sea salt and pepper.
Easy methods to Make Quinoa Taco Casserole
STEP 1: Brown floor beef in a big pan over medium warmth with olive oil. Take away from the warmth and put aside.
STEP 2: In a 9×13 casserole dish, add the dry quinoa and rooster inventory. Stir to mix. That is the bottom layer of this layered casserole.
STEP 3: In a big bowl, mix the diced tomatoes and spices.
STEP 4: High the quinoa combination with half of the tomato combination, the bottom beef, bell pepper, inexperienced onions, corn, black beans and kale.
STEP 5: High with the remaining half of diced tomatoes. Sprinkle cheese and chili flakes on high, if utilizing.
STEP 6: Cowl the casserole dish with a high or tin foil and bake at 350ºF for 45 minutes. Take away the duvet after 45 minutes and bake for a further quarter-hour or till all liquid has been absorbed.
Easy methods to Prep in Advance and Retailer
This recipe has a fast prep time however if you wish to minimize corners right here’s what I’d do:
- Brown the bottom beef
- Chop the greens
- Set components apart till you’re able to assemble and bake.
The great thing about casseroles is that they maintain up rather well after cooking and cooling. If you wish to meal prep this or make prematurely for a household in want, I like to recommend making your entire casserole after which letting it cool. As soon as cooled to room temperature, cowl and retailer within the fridge for as much as 5 days. I haven’t tried freezing it however I assume it could freeze nicely! I like to recommend portioning the casserole out into hermetic containers and storing within the freezer for as much as 3 months.
Quinoa Taco Casserole
Quinoa and Kale Taco Casserole recipe for a straightforward and veggie-packed twist on a Mexican favourite. Dinner simply received a lot simpler and multi function pan.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: 60 minutes
- Whole Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Class: Dinner
- Methodology: Bake
- Delicacies: Mexican
- Food plan: Gluten Free
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb floor beef
- 1 cup dry white quinoa, rinsed and drained*
- 1 cup rooster or beef inventory
- 1 28 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chili energy
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 purple bell pepper, chopped
- 3 inexperienced onions (white and light-weight greens solely), chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked corn (I exploit frozen)
- 1 cup cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups kale, stemmed + chopped
- 1 cup grated cheese (I like cheddar or pepperjack)
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes (optionally available)
- Preheat oven to 350 levels F.
- Warmth a big pan over medium warmth with olive oil and add floor beef. Prepare dinner till flippantly browned. No have to cook dinner right through as it should proceed cooking within the oven.
- In a big casserole dish (9 x 13) add quinoa and rooster or beef inventory. Stir to mix.
- In a big bowl mix mix diced tomatoes and spices.
- High quinoa-stock combination with HALF of diced tomato combination.
- High with floor beef, bell pepper, inexperienced onions, corn, black beans and kale.
- High with remaining half of diced tomatoes.
- Sprinkle cheese on high.
- Sprinkle with chili flakes if utilizing.
- Cowl casserole dish with high or with tin foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Take away high or foil and bake for a further quarter-hour.
- Serve heat topped with avocado if desired.
*I exploit white quinoa. You should utilize tricolor however you’ll doubtless have to cook dinner it for longer.
Key phrases: quinoa casserole, quinoa bake, mexican casserole, taco casserole
Like this recipe? Listed below are different casseroles you would possibly get pleasure from:
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Be a part of 20,000+ members of the THM Neighborhood to get entry to unique recipes, wholesome life-style suggestions and behind-the-scenes information from our group!