Amanda Serrano is likely one of the most dominant fight sports activities athletes of her era. The 32-year-old holds a 41-1-1 record with 30 knockouts, together with the WBC, WBO and IBO featherweight titles. She additionally holds a 2-0-1 file in MMA. The one factor she has left to perform is the popularity of pound-for-pound greatest.
On this pursuit, Serrano has absolutely dedicated herself to her craft by eliminating distractions and following a strict routine that retains her thoughts targeted on her purpose.
Making an attempt to get ahold of her? Until you may have her landline (look that one up, youngsters) or sister Cindy’s quantity, your greatest probability is to catch her on the gymnasium as she doesn’t personal a cellphone. She’s going to sometimes use her sister’s cellphone to take a look at social media or do some procuring on Amazon, however she retains her screen time at a minimum. Relationship? Marriage? Her dedication is simply to her household, her sport and her quest to reaching best of all time standing.
Somebody who was ready to hook up with the champ was social media star Jake Paul. Serrano turned the primary boxer to signal along with his administration firm, Most Invaluable Promotions (MVP). The deal was introduced through social media late final week.
Serrano’s schedule is a testomony to that pursuit as her routine doesn’t change a lot from when she’s in coaching camp to when she’s ready for her subsequent opponent to be scheduled. When requested about this unwavering dedication, Serrano goes to one among her favourite quotes from the late Kobe Bryant that sums her mindset up completely.
“Associates come and go, banners cling eternally,” ‘ she says. “I would like eternally.”
Day In The Life Of Amanda Serrano
- 9 a.m: I get up, brush my enamel, and dress for a two-mile run
- 9:45 a.m: I get again to bathe
- 10:30 a.m: Espresso break
- 11 a.m: Meal prep for the day
- 11:45 a.m: Go away the home with my sister, Cindy to choose up my Coach, Jordan. From there, we head to the gymnasium!
- Midday: Arrive on the gymnasium and start boxing coaching which incorporates:
- Leap rope for 3 rounds
- Shadow field within the ring for 10 rounds
- Hit the luggage 10 rounds
- Publish-workout: Coach Jordan and I talk about any upcoming fights, media, conferences, and many others. and plan accordingly
- 1:45 p.m.- 2 p.m: I head dwelling for my first meal which just about all the time is 2 eggs scrambled or boiled, a bowl of oatmeal and a bit of fruit.
- 2:45 p.m: I bathe once more and run small errands earlier than I’ve my second meal (pre 2nd exercise) which is 1 banana with peanut butter.
- 4:30 p.m: I arrive again on the gymnasium for my power and conditioning coaching which incorporates:
- Squats, bench presses, army presses, barbell rows, pulldowns, barbell/dumbbell curls, triceps extensions, calf Raises
- And on alternate days, I do my calisthenics (4 units of pullups, pushups, chin-ups, and dips) back-to-back
- 5:45 p.m: I depart the gymnasium glad understanding my three day by day exercise classes are accomplished and I get to unwind for the evening
- 6 p.m: I’m dwelling planning on having my ultimate meal of the night with the household. Within the Serrano home, we make it our enterprise to spend time collectively whereas we eat.
- If it’s nonetheless early and the mall is open, we’re procuring on daily basis. Nothing massive, we simply love to buy! It could possibly actually be one thing small or garments for us or my sister’s youngsters, home issues, or something that takes us to the outlets!
- 9:30 p.m./10 p.m: I’m again dwelling to bathe and watch TV. I like placing on Showtime Boxing and for enjoyable, I bask in The Masked Singer. I go to sleep no later than 11 p.m.