This vegan, gluten-free German-style potato salad is so easy and so good due to that pop of brightness with the addition of one other root vegetable—beets; served heat with a mustard French dressing it’s pure consolation bliss.
- 4 medium potatoes (whole 1 1/2 kilos), peeled, minimize in half
- 1 bunch beets (1 pound 4 ounces, about 5 medium beets), trimmed
Scorching Mustard Onion French dressing:
- Place potatoes in a pot of water, cowl, and cook dinner for about 25-Half-hour, simply till tender sufficient to pierce with a fork however not crumbly. Drain and funky barely.
- In the meantime, place beets in a small pot of water and cook dinner for about 25-Half-hour, till tender sufficient to pierce with a fork however nonetheless agency. Drain and funky barely.
- Whereas potatoes and beets are cooking, warmth olive oil in a sauté pan. Add onions and sauté for about 7 minutes. Take away from warmth and stir in vinegar, mustard, water, sugar, salt, black pepper, thyme and chives till blended properly.
- When potatoes and beets are carried out cooking, drain water and funky barely as a way to deal with them. Slice cooked potatoes and beets into skinny slices, and switch into a big serving bowl. Pour scorching mustard onion French dressing over potatoes/beet combination and toss gently till properly distributed. Style and modify seasonings of salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve whereas heat. Or chill in hermetic container till serving time.
- Makes 8 cups (8 servings, 1 cup every).
- Class: Salad
- Delicacies: German, American
- Serving Dimension: 1 serving
- Energy: 165
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 221 mg
- Fats: 6 g
- Saturated Fats: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 3 g
Key phrases: potato salad, vegan potato salad