Completely happy Thursday, buddies!! I simply had WAY an excessive amount of enjoyable on Instagram Live being a DIY-er and making my very own candles!
Unsure when you’re like me, however I’ve an….concern….with candles. I purchase too many and my husband’s like, ummm we nonetheless have 25 to get via? And I say, “BUTTTTTTT this one smells so good!”
Sooner or later, after ending a yogurt, I seemed on the cute little glass jar it was in and felt unhealthy throwing it away.
I assumed, hm, I might use this for one thing?
I spotted I had all of my Now Meals important oils and thought, I might make candles!! And I swear, if I can do that, YOU CAN TOO!
Here’s what you will want:
- Soy Wax Flakes – I discovered on Amazon for $40.
- When you watched my IG dwell this morning, you will note that I obtained a ten lb BUCKET! LOL. To me, it was price it, as a result of it additionally consists of the wicks & the wick holders so that you’ll have all the things you want for the standard value of two or so candles!
2. Now Meals Essential Oils
3. Clothes Pins
I used these as a result of the soy flakes solely got here with 3 wick holders and I made greater than 3 candles.
4. Jars of any type!
Mason jars or used yogurt jars are at all times nice.
- Use your jar that you’re going to use for the candles and double that quantity of soy flakes. I took 1 of my glass containers and crammed it up TWICE and that’s the quantity you want for 1 candle.
- I mainly used a 4 cup glass measuring cup and crammed it to the highest earlier than melting.
- Put the flakes into the microwave within the glass container and microwave for 4 minutes.
- This period of time was good to soften the flakes down with out being too sizzling. You need the liquid to be utterly melted (mainly appears like melted butter).
- You may as well do a double boiler technique to convey the flakes to soften.
- Add 100-200 drops of important oils. That is what I discovered on most web sites and truthfully, I don’t suppose you may go mistaken.
Like I stated, I’m only a DIY-er over right here attempting issues out! I discovered that I’d add oils, scent the wax, and proceed including till the scent was the place I needed it to be.
7. Use your wicks and the stickers to connect the wicks to the underside of the glass jar.
8. Be certain that they’re pressed down firmly to the underside earlier than utilizing the wick holder to string the wick via tightly.
9. Pour your melted wax into the glass containers, ensuring that the wick is being held up via the middle of the candle.
10. Let the candles sit for twenty-four hours + till utterly arrange.
11. Mild and revel in!!!
You possibly can see how I used the garments pins right here for an additional various to the wick holders that come within the package.
I used a mix of orange, vanilla, clove, & cinnamon and these ones they usually smelt so good! Not too overwhelming however sufficient scent to really feel tremendous cozy.
Reminder, I’m not a pro-candle maker right here, however that is the way in which I did DIY for these they usually turned out nice!
Be certain that to move on over to Now Meals for your whole wants! Dietary supplements, snacks, oils, important oils, physique merchandise, and extra! We use a NOW product in each room of our home, for actual.
Use code “KASEY” for 20% off your order!!
As at all times, thanks NOW for sponsoring this put up & permitting my loopy & artistic self to play together with your merchandise!
Be true to you,
Extra Posts You May Take pleasure in