This thick, hearty, vegan, gluten-free soup is wealthy in vitamin and taste, but gentle sufficient to satisfy your well being targets.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 giant onion, diced
- 1-inch recent ginger, peeled, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small chili pepper (i.e., serrano, jalapeno), finely diced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups water, divided
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- 2 medium (about 2 ounces every) carrots, sliced
- 1 medium (about 11 ounces) summer season squash or zucchini, diced
- 1/2 medium head (about 10 ounces) of cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 3 small tomatoes, diced
- 1 ½ cups mung beans, dried
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can gentle coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt (non-obligatory)
- 1 cup recent cilantro, chopped
- Warmth oil in a big pot or Dutch oven.
- Add onions, ginger, garlic, and chili, and sauté over medium warmth for about 4 minutes, till greens are softened.
- Add curry powder, turmeric, cumin, and black pepper and sauté for a further 2 minutes.
- Add ¼ cup of the water, reserving the remaining water for later.
- Add celery, bell pepper, carrots, summer season squash or zucchini, cauliflower, and tomatoes, and sauté for five minutes.
- Add mung beans, remaining water (1 ¾ cups), vegetable broth, and lightweight coconut milk. Stir properly, cowl, and cook dinner over medium warmth for about 40-45 minutes, till mung beans and greens are tender.
- Season with salt as desired. Stir in recent cilantro. Serve instantly. Makes 10 (1-cup) servings.
Could serve with ½ cup cooked brown rice or different complete grains, if desired.
- Serving Measurement: 1 serving
- Energy: 190
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 331 mg
- Fats: 3 g
- Saturated Fats: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 32 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 10 g
Key phrases: soup, vegan soup, wholesome vegan soup, wholesome soup recipe