Meet your new favourite protein bar!
These scrumptious selfmade Candy Potato Protein bars are stuffed with elements to nourish your physique, increase your vitality, and offer you an additional serving of protein.
Whereas store-bought protein bars could be a handy approach to gas your physique, some varieties comprise synthetic elements and added sugars that aren’t as optimum in your targets. I needed to give you a tasty, selfmade different that fuels you with necessary vitamins.
For this recipe, I used candy potatoes as the bottom since they’re a fiber-rich carbohydrate (what we name a “complicated carbohydrate”), serving to you’re feeling full longer and keep away from cravings (1). Candy potatoes are additionally an ideal supply of Vitamin A and beta-carotene (2).
- Vitamin A helps a wholesome immune system, preserves your eyesight as you age and is necessary for sustaining wholesome bones.
- Beta-carotene is what provides yellow and orange vegetables and fruit, like candy potatoes, their wealthy hues. It has been proven to enhance the looks of your pores and skin, preserve your immune system sturdy and promote good eye well being.
I added my I Vanilla Protein powder. Protein is extra satisfying than fats or carbohydrates, and our physique doesn’t comprise an amino acid storage reserve prefer it does for fats and carbs. So we should be positive we’re getting it in with every meal alternative to assist muscle protein synthesis, cognitive operate, hormone and enzyme operate, and a lot extra. As we age, we take up much less protein than we did after we have been youthful, which means it’s important to up your consumption.
I like to make use of a protein powder in a smoothie or in a bar like this so as to add yet another serving to my every day consumption. Once we embody protein in our meals we really feel extra glad extra shortly, as a result of protein is extra satiating than fats or carbohydrates. Consuming a steadiness of protein will assist you to really feel full longer, stabilize your blood sugar, and assist forestall cravings.
I like to recommend making these bars forward of time for a straightforward seize and go deal with to get pleasure from all week!
Candy Potato Protein Bars
Yield: 9 servings
You’ll need: mixing bowl, measuring cups and spoons, whisk, 9×9 baking dish, parchment paper
Key: T = Tablespoon; tsp = teaspoon
- 1 (15-oz) can candy potato puree
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup natural maple syrup
- 2 eggs, crushed
- 1/3 cup almond butter (or nut/seed butter of selection)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 5 servings (150 g) I Vanilla Protein powder
- Non-compulsory: 3/4 cup darkish chocolate, with 70% – 85% cacao, melted* (you should use kind of, as you need)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2.Mix the candy potato puree, vanilla extract, cinnamon, maple syrup, eggs, almond butter and milk in a big mixing bowl. Whisk collectively till nicely mixed.
3. Add baking powder and protein powder and whisk collectively till no lumps stay.
4. Pour batter right into a frivolously greased 9×9 baking dish (line the underside with parchment paper for simple elimination) and unfold out to type an excellent layer.
5. Bake at 375 F for 25-Half-hour.
6. Let cool, slice into 9 bars and drizzle with chocolate if desired.
*Soften the chocolate in a microwave or in a heatproof bowl over sizzling water. Drizzle a bit of chocolate excessive of every bar and let sit at room temperature or refrigerate to set.
Can’t wait to listen to in case you make these and what you suppose!
In search of some assist making wholesome consuming simple?
- Mei X, Mu TH and Han JJ. “Composition and physicochemical properties of dietary fiber extracted from residues of 10 forms of candy potato by a sieving methodology.” J Agric Meals Chem. 2010. Internet. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20509611/
- Rautenbach F, Faber M, Laurie S, Laurie R. “Antioxidant capability and antioxidant content material in roots of 4 candy potato varieties.” J Meals Sci. 2010. Internet. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20629859/